Benefits of participation
Participation in the workshop will help to reach the following goals:
- Increase numbers of international students for your school.
Workshop gives the chance to meet many qualified and dedicated agents.
- Finding higher quality international students for your
school. Discussing with the agents the type of students that match
your school's requirements and obtaining numerous international
applications will allow you to have more choice and find you suitable
students that meet your criteria.
- Diversify the international student body. It is important to
obtain international students from various countries. Too many students
from one country tend to cluster together, do not interact actively with
local students or students from other countries, and therefore do not
actually acquire the benefits they may otherwise have had. At a certain
stage it even becomes a marketing disadvantage - parents would prefer
the environment where their children would mix with other cultures.
Meeting agents from more than 15 countries will certainly help broaden
the mix of students.
- Gathering market intelligence. Talking to many agents and
your colleagues from other schools involved in international marketing
will help you get a better understanding of the current market
situation, trends, tendencies, identifying potential markets and plan
your international marketing activities in a better way.
How exactly will the workshop help schools to achieve the goals?
- It will allow schools to meet current and potential strategic
partners face-to-face. During the workshop schools will be able to
arrange one-on-one meetings with quality agents from more than 15
- It is time-efficient. Participating in the workshop will only take 2
days. It deems more efficient than having to visit all represented
agents in the vast range of countries on a personal basis.
- It is cost-efficient. The cost of participation is sufficiently less
than the travel costs associated with visiting all the agents in person.
It is also more attractive than the costs associated with participation
in other agent workshops where schools are not the main focus.
You can find more information about our costs here.
What type of agents should schools expect to meet?
You shall meet agents from more than 15 countries including: China,
Korea, Vietnam, Germany, Russia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand,
Taiwan, Indonesia, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina.
We welcome well established agents actively working with Australian
schools. We also invite agents in emerging markets that are willing to
start working with the sector and currently have experience working with
other educational institutions in Australia. We carefully check the
references of the agents to ensure they are reputable.
How does it work?
- Before the event
- You will get on-line access to the information about all the registered agents.
You will be able to arrange appointments with them via our on-line system.
It is advisable to have the majority of appointments scheduled prior to the event.
- During the event
- During the 2 days of the event you will be meeting the agents one-to-one, face-to-face.
You will also be able to communicate with them informally at coffee breaks, lunches and dinner.
If you are unable to schedule all your appointments beforehand, you will be able to organise them on the day.
|8:30 - 9:30|| - Registration, stand set up, room preparation|
|9:30 - 11:00|| - Meetings|
|11:00 - 11:30|| - Coffee break|
|11:30 - 13:00|| - Meetings|
|13:00 - 14:00|| - Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:30|| - Meetings|
|15:30 - 16:00|| - Coffee break|
|16:00 - 17:30|| - Meetings|
|18:00|| - Dinner|
|9:00 - 11:00|| - Meetings|
|11:00 - 11:30|| - Coffee break|
|11:30 - 13:30|| - Meetings|
|13:30 - 14:30|| - Farewell lunch|
Please note: There may be slight changes to the schedule.
We'll keep you informed of any such changes.
- After the event
- Participating in this event is a great step in establishing relationships with agents.
We encourage you to devote time to follow up all meetings you've had and
to keep in touch with agents constantly. We'll be very glad to help your
school in every aspect of establishing great relationships with agents.
Why are we different?
Our workshop is different from the others in the following way:
- We focus on Australian school sector only. We invite only schools to participate in the event
(by schools we mean primary and secondary schools, not language schools).
We invite only agents committed to working with Australian schools.
- The event is organised in Melbourne, so that Australian schools will not have to travel
internationally to get there and will have more opportunities to show agents their schools.
- Our event is sufficiently more affordable than other workshops.
Participation in the workshop
- A meeting table and 4 chairs.
- A power socket.
- All the meals (see the time-table) for 1 representative of your school.
The second representative can attend at a delegate fee rate of $150+GST.
- Use of on-line appointment system.
- Information about your school in the workshop Catalogue. All participants shall receive a copy.
- A copy of the workshop Catalogue with all agents' contact details.
Booking form - schools
If you have any questions please e-mail us on infohoolworkshop @sc.com.au
or call +61 2 8002 7429
Benefits of participation for schools
Price-list for schools
16-17 August 2018
Carey Baptist Grammar School
joined in the Workshop.
Agents from China will take part in the Workshop
Agents from Vietnam will take part in the Workshop
Agents from Japan will participate in the Workshop
Agents from Brazil will participate in the Workshop
Agents from Thailand will take part in the Workshop.
Our 2018 Workshop will take part in Melbourne.
Previous Workshops feedback from schools and agents